This fact sheet is for clients using the IndiCater Recipe Manager module to help them understand what they need to consider in relation to how their company wishes to use the Allergen Data.
It is vital that the data is supplied electronically direct by your Suppliers and not manually entered in any way.
Responding to Customer allergen queries
There are a choice of options that clients can use including:
1. Activate the outlet user recipe manager ‘read only’ permission. This will allow those Users to access the live recipes with the allergens displayed in outlet mode, search for the required recipe and verbally provide the allergen data on request by a customer.
2. Create a Multi Recipe Card PDF report and save this file, and then save it to a computer desktop or add as a link on a tablet or mobile devise. This can then be searched to bring up a recipe to view the allergens in it which can then be quoted on request. This file will only be accurate up to the date it was created and won’t be auto updated when a new catalogue is processed. See example FIG 1: Recipe Card PDF format at end of this document.
3. A print-out of each recipe can be created from the above Multi Recipe Card PDF which can be kept in a file and used to respond to customer allergen queries. The PDFs will only be accurate up to the date they were printed and won’t be auto updated when a new catalogue is processed.
4. An Allergen Report can be printed out each day from IndiCater for each sales location and displayed in the sales location (if not done each day there will be a danger that it will be out of date). See example FIG 2.
5. Shelf POS cards and dish/product labels can be printed from IndiCater containing a client’s bespoke data set and logo. These Label Templates are quoted for and developed on request for each client and can be formatted for the required label size, number of labels on a printed sheet etc. These will need to be printed on a daily basis to ensure accuracy. See example FIG 3.
6. Customer views allergen data of a dish on request at the point of service on a third party provided customer facing display as part of the EPOS terminal (data accessed by third party such as epos company using IndiCater API). This will always be latest data. Example EPOS provider with that functionality is Kappture.
7. Customer downloads TenKites app onto their phone and views the menu data (data accessed by epos company using IndiCater API). This will always be the latest data. User can tick their problem allergens and the app will auto hide menu dishes containing those allergens thereby restricting the customer to only see dishes that are suitable for their diet.
8. Customer views menus and allergens on Client’s own website (data transmitted by Tenkites to client website). This will always be latest data. User can tick their problem allergens and the website will auto hide menu dishes containing those allergens thereby restricting the customer to only see dishes that are suitable for their diet.
9. The dedicated Head Office user can view allergen changes when approving the latest catalogue. All users can be tagged to receive the updated catalogue alerts which includes information about changes to allergen information. This info can then be communicated to outlet users via the clients internal communications route.
10. Allergens can be viewed in the supplier portal by head office users by clicking on View in the catalogue column of the Suppliers page in the Purchasing module. Here users can download a catalogue or search for an item by name or code to view all products for that supplier complete with all allergens per product/ingredient.
11. When creating a new requisition for ordering from a supplier, a user will see ‘A’ next to an item in the stock location if allergens have been submitted by the supplier.
12. Integration with third party electronic displays
For information on the full list of 32 allergens you can have activated, please see the separate fact sheet ‘Selecting the allergens to display’. The default is set as the legal 14.
All output layouts and contact such as for the Allergen reports, the Recipe Card layout and POS tent cards etc. can all be provided unique to each client as part of our Professional Services offer and can be quoted for.
Also note that many of the above processes will be similar for the display and sharing of nutrition data. Please see the separate fact sheet ‘Use of Nutrition data’.